Along with this.

Say I have multiple projects that share the similar data.

So for my blog I have a comments plugin.

For PluginCentral, I also use the same comments plugin.

What is the best way to manage this comments plugin, so that I can
make changes to the plugin from either app and have the changes
reflect for both, but still include the file in the distribution so
that it does not have to be "installed" as a dependency?

Currently I am using simlinks, but of course, you have to update the
production server with the latest version of the plugin, instead of
just updating the app.

-Thadeus