On Jan 30, 2010, at 1:40 PM, mdipierro wrote:

> The problem is when paths contain spaces.
>
> I thought even in windows in this case one should esacpe spaces with
> '\ ' and use either \\ ('\\\\' in python) or / ('/') to separate
> folders. For example:
>
> 'C:/windows/Documents\ and\ Settings/'
>
> or
>
> 'C:\\windows\\Documents\ and\ Settings\\'
>
> Am I wrong?

I think so, but I'm no expert on the subject.

Consider that if 'c:\\abc' makes Windows see 'c:\abc', then escaping the space
isn't going to have any effect.

You can quote a command on the command line, so possibly something like:

'"C:\\windows\\Documents and Settings\\"'

might work. Forward slashes are permitted in system calls, but IIRC not on the
command line, where (at least back in the DOS days) they denoted command
options (equivalent to - in Unix). I'd expect cron entries to be more like
command-line or batch-file content.

But as I say, I'm no expert.