I think that Cakephp also has a very good online book:  http://book.cakephp.org.
I notice these days that they are also raising some revenue with
adsense,  which might work well.

However, people like me would also be willing to pay a subscription to
access a more up to date online book. Goodness me, the book is only 12
dollars or something, that's 1 dollar per month. How many hours do I
waste searching for answers and then have to waste someone else's time
by asking on the list?  That's a terrible cost to the community.

Ironically,  whilst Web2py enables us to fully embrace the most
efficient publishing technology that the world has ever seen,  we wait
for an entire year between updates on the main documentation.

Wouldn't it be a great benefit if all that wonderful assistance given
on the group list, plus the errata, can be continually incorporated
into the book. Making happier users, a less busy list, and our top
development guru freer to put his brilliant ideas into action.  We
simply need an online book. I rest my case :-)

--David