While I admire and would welcome having the option of using 960 grid
templates, Massimo's suggestion of incorporating jquery's themeroller
into the welcome app sounds equally interesting.

I'm not much of a designer, but I value the ideal of a tableless
design.  I'd be willing to try to free up some time to help implement
these ideas over the coming weeks.