On Mar 18, 10:31 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> The problem I see is that it is too simple.
> sizeXofY does not seem to guarantee that all columns have the same
> lenght (ez-css does it).
> I like to have the menu column fixed width and the main column elastic
> and it does not do that (not sure if ez-css does).

I have installed ez-css to try out / play with...  it does do fixed
width + variable width columns:

In multiple ways, actually (depending on how you nest it);   see
http://www.ez-css.org/layouts

See module 2A, 2B, layout 2, layout 3, etc....

Each of these use "ez-50", a 50% width element, or "ez-33", a 33%
width element.

ez-css encourages you to create your own width element if the pre-
defined ones don't "do it" for you - so, create a
ez-500px, and you'd have what you want.

This seems like a really clean, easily modifiable and "combinable"
package...  I'm going to play with it in the next few days to see how
my opinion holds up in use.

- Yarko