On Apr 20, 12:08 pm, Thadeus Burgess <thade...@thadeusb.com> wrote:
> This is an additional account for a client I am working with. I have
> heard the most success with
> webfaction and web2py so I wanted to try it out. So good so far.
>
> I would have preferred GAE for this project, but the client did not agree.
>
> I would still use slicehost hands down if cost/time is not an issue.

I have a client _very_ adept at setting up slices, and talking about a
cloud presence so as to be able to do large scale simulations, tests.

I gave them a shell account so they could see their project space I
was maintaining (I rsync updates regularly).

They promptly got their own account.

"Why", I asked.  "I thought you were going to get a slice!"

"We liked how this looked - this is much easier to setup and maintain
things - gives us all sorts of useful stuff, without the bother of
setting up and maintaining a slice."

They made use within hours.

Sure, they will use slices and cloud when needed - but for quick
demos, simple setups, and low traffic - this is just too accessible,
and convenient.  I am sure other hosters have a similar environ,
webfaction has a nice implementation of this kind of environment,
accessible (i.e. easy to find) information * documentation, and a
nicely responsive support team (always civil, pleasant, helpful,
positive).

- Yarko