The first and obvious thing I see I did wrong was trying to put python
into jquery script.

 jQuery("#%(id)s").jqGrid({ onSelectRow: function() {
   $
('#myframe').attr('src',"{{=URL(r=request,f='details',args=2)}}");}

But I still don't understand how I can make it dynamic src, or how to
get jquery to communicate with the server.

Jay