Oh, well in that case, we just need someone to do it...go for it!

On 5/18/2010 8:50 AM, blackthorne wrote:
A second step would be to bundle PostgresSQL with web2py + cherokee.

I'm a dreamer...

On May 18, 2:46 pm, blackthorne<francisco....@gmail.com>  wrote:
I may no have been as clear as I wanted.
First, this is not a Python / C / whatever issue. We like web2py and
being pythonic, nothing changes. This is the application layer. The
way it's served, wether it is web or telnet or something else it's
another layer. There is absolutely no limitation on running different
layers using different programming languages. I may be wrong but I
believe that currently web2py just features a webserver to support its
web based ide and testing. In no way you are suggested to deploy
web2py with cherrypy or its new web server for a serious production
environment. Instead, you are suggested to run it on Apache,
lighthttpd and cherokee, things like that (as well as you have sqlite
by default, but postgressql/... support for other ecosystems).
Second, because these are different layers, you keep all the freedom.
You can run web2py with cherokee using Python or in jython, Pypy if
you can..., no glitches. I don't see a reason to make a difference,
just because the web server as a different logo or uses other
programming language.
Third, I am not suggesting anything against the current model, and by
no means I want to end it, I'm talking about a new option, something
like what you have with Apache, MySQL, PHP ->  MAMP/WAMP/LAMP. So
beginners and advanced users can be happy together...