Massimo,

At webfaction I can do:

[myser...@webxxx ~]$ crontab -l
11,31,51 * * * * /home/fitwise/webapps/customweb2py/apache2/bin/start

/dev/null 2>&1
12,32,52 * * * * /home/fitwise/webapps/customweb2py/apache2/bin/start

/dev/null 2>&1
46 * * * * cd ~/webapps/loganalyzer;./update_awstats.sh
[myser...@webxxx ~]$

... and I can edit this file: crontab -e

I posted a ticket:

Will running the crontab -e command and adding this line: 10
*       *       *       *       root **applications/admin/cron/
expire_sessions.py , solve my problem? What's with the 10, and the
'root ** applications' bit, are they specific to my local system, or
will they work remotely as well.

... to which I got the following reply:

Yes, I bee that the "root **" part is specific to your local cron
setup.

I would suggest that you try to figure out which command exactly do
you need to run through the command line, in order to clear the
sessions. If the script is directly executable via the command line,
then you should add the command that you are executing it with to your
crontab. If it is accessible via web, you could add something like
'wget http://yourdomain.com/url/of/script' to your crontab, in order
to trigger a web request to the script.

I hope this helps you help me solve the problem,

Annet.