Massimo,

Emil just tried running the following command on my account:

python2.5 /home/fitwise/webapps/customweb2py/web2py/web2py.py  -S
admin -R applications/admin/cron/expire_sessions.py

This was successfully executed, and the output was:
web2py Enterprise Web Framework
Created by Massimo Di Pierro, Copyright 2007-2010
Version 1.76.5 (2010-03-11 15:19:08)
Database drivers available: SQLite3, MySQL, PostgreSQL

I verified that this actually cleaned up my sessions. It did in admin,
not in init, b2b etc. Would it be possible to copy the
expire_sessions.py to every single application's cron directory and
set this command as a cron by editing my crontab (crontab -e):

10 * * * * /usr/local/bin/python2.5 /home/fitwise/webapps/customweb2py/
web2py/web2py.py  -S init -R applications/init/cron/expire_sessions.py

According to Emil:

Applications do not really have crontabs. They may have some built-in
feature which makes them work similar to crontab, but it is a
completely separate system than your "real" crontab (the one you see
when you runt 'crontab -l').

By the way, the Web2py installation that I have is running behind
Apache + mod_wsgi.

Kind regards,

Annet.