Hi,

On May 27, 7:38 am, Mark Breedveld <m.breedv...@solcon.nl> wrote:
> In order to set up a debian packaging proces we should have or do the
> following
> - The web2py community should have a maintainer (group)
>        - Which has manage the releases repo's
>        - Ajust web2py for use through the repo
>               - example : disables the buildin update function /
> [...]
> Because the maintainer has to invest a lot of time on regular bases.
> My idea is to launch a vacature for it on the community.
> And have Massimo make a decide how will become the lead packager,
> because he will have to work with him

A friend of mine took the initiative to file a ITP for web2py in
Debian.[1] At the time, I do not believe that he was aware of this
discussion. As this appears to be a very complex task, and there
already is interest elsewhere in packaging web2py for Debian, I think
there wouldn't be a problem in transferring the ITP to whoever wishes
to actually submit the package, or maintaining the package
collectively.

[1]:
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/0500716076d15548
Thanks,