It should be easy enough to add a service for a listing of plugins. Would
come up with a design specification for the API you want? Your even welcome
to make a checkout and just add an API to the plugincentral codebase if you
get to it before I do. I don't see any reason why this would need to be two
separate apps. I'm willing to give commit access to anyone who wants to
help.

At least for right now, I don't know of any plugins that have dependencies,
and that part of the plugin spec still is not fleshed out. This is why I
removed storing separate versions for each plugin and just have it store the
latest version.

I would love to have this work on GAE, but to be able to provide proper
demonstration of plugins it requires being able to install an app into
web2py.

--
Thadeus