Yes, the new welcome is based in htmlboilerplate and has some things for
mobile but you have to test and make proper changes to
static/css/handheld.css and not all mobiles support media="handheld". Other
thing is the new jquery has improvements for mobile. Also there are a new
project in alpha http://jquerymobile.com.

--
My blog: http://martin.tecnodoc.com.ar
My portfolio *spanish*: http://www.tecnodoc.com.ar