On Nov 18, 2010, at 7:03 AM, Kenneth Lundström wrote:

> OK, I have no idea if they are related, it was just a thought on my part.

Kenneth, in gluon/admin.py you'll find this code:

     full_url = url + '/examples/static/web2py_%s.zip' % version_type
     filename = abspath('web2py_%s_downloaded.zip' % version_type)
     try:
         file = open(filename,'wb')
         file.write(urllib.urlopen(full_url).read())
         file.close()
     except Exception,e:
         file.close()
         return False, e
     try:
         unzip(filename, destination, subfolder)

Try removing the second file.close() (the one after 'except'), and then try the
upgrade again. It won't fix the upgrade, but you should see a more helpful
error message saying why the file open failed.