On Nov 29, 1:39 am, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> please let us know if things work or do not work. We have not tested
> web2py with jython much,
>
> Massimo

Well, I won't dig that much in Jython with web2py for the moment. In a
longer term interest, I would like to be able to use web2py in a Java
infrastructure with Hibernate. I think it might be a really nice tool
for prototyping in the enterprise world.

Also I would like to use web2py with sqlalchemy with Python Spring. I
see the mix of the three as a potential solution for the enterprise
world too.

In fact, I don't understand that you labeled web2py as an "Enterprise
Web Framework". Without wanting to offend you, I see web2py as a
"pragmatic, agile and extensible web framework for fast development".
I think web2py as a too tight coupling for enterprise development. DAL
in not a real ORM and it does not make it easy to apply domain driven
design. Add the fact that the web2py book is mixing presentation with
the control, I think web2py is favoring pragmatism over abstraction.
It is not bad by itself but it conflicts with my vision of the
enterprise way.

I would appreciate your comments.

Pierre