On Nov 26, 6:41 pm, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
> It works (some of us have tested it) but there are some know problems
> and I would not recommend it in production. One problem is a known
> problem with Java regular expression parses that Sun marked as "won't
> fix". It is not a web2py specific problem but can cause some web2py
> templates send enter into a loop.

This is the bug http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=5050507.
Oracle seems to have a valid reason to not fix the bug. They are
giving suggestions how to get around. It seems easy to refactor web2py
apps having this problem unless regular are created dynamically but I
guess this is rare.

This seems to be the major problem with Jython and web2py. Do you have
other reasons for not recommending web2py with Jython?