On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Graham Dumpleton
<graham.dumple...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As such, you can't rely on what you quote above. The only way is an
> exception statement to the GPL and even then that would need to be very
> carefully worded. In all this you really need a lawyer to look at the
> situation and draft that exception. If that hasn't been done and some legal
> evidence provided to show that the way the exception is done is valid and
> will stand up in a court of law, it is very easy to see why companies, who
> are going to be very risk averse, would be hesitant to use software that
> relies on the GPL but with some sort of stated exception where the latter is
> of unknown validity and with no legal precedent to support it.
> Graham

You keep forgetting that 1. such an exception exists, and 2. Massimo
is the only person that can exercise GPL in this case, since all
contributors specifically signed such a contract.

Anyway, I've already asked GNU to advise. I'll let you know what they say.

--
Branko Vukelić

bg.bra...@gmail.com
stu...@brankovukelic.com