I just added to trunk:

  scripts/tickets2email.py

you can run a background process with

  cp scripts/tickets2email.py applications/yourapp/private/
  [edit top portion to configure email server]
  python web2py.py -S yourapp -N -R applications/yourapp/private/
tickets2email.py

and it will send you an email for every new (original) ticket.
I did not try it, it may require some minor debugging.

Massimo