Funny,

Every three to four weeks this topic of discussion comes up.

Lots of the same ideas are said over and over again.

Nobody has time to work on certain things like this since most of us have
full time jobs that may or may not be related to web2py.

What I do is if my app works with a certain version, I don't ever upgrade
the web2py unless I need a brand new feature or bugfix that effects me. This
has been my "adaptation" to the fast development cycle.

Think of web2py as the "gentoo" of python web frameworks... its *very* fast
and efficient and you get lots of new stuff often, but expect updates to
break.

--
Thadeus