Just to give a pleased newbie feed-back :

_I'm newbie to web2py (well a couple of month)
_I've never studied informatics nor did I have an informatic job

BUT I needed something to handle database easely + human interface +
network for my job
I tried a crack access => beurk => begin to learn python
I tried Zope/Plone => too heavy
I tried Django => not enough efficient for what I wanted

THEN
I've seen some comparaison made by Massimo between Django and web2py
'do not remember the url)
AND This is these comparisons which decided me to try web2py
I'm very pleased because it is so efficient

you are right VP , it's a waste of time to fuel the fire. But a short
comparison would help newbies to make their choice and choose to try
web2py. Yet I'm speaking of comparison showing the efficientness of
web2py not long long debates/war.