On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 10:28:52AM -0800, Jonathan Lundell spake:
> On Feb 12, 2011, at 10:10 AM, G. Clifford Williams wrote:
> >
> > 1) can you paste your app.yaml/

*snip*

> builtins:
> - remote_api: on
> - datastore_admin: on
>

> > 2)  you should have some code like this in your main model file:
> >    if request.env.web2py_runtime_gae:            # if running on Google App
> > Engine
> >        db = DAL('gae')                           # connect to Google
> > BigTable
> >        session.connect(request, response, db=db) # and store sessions and
> > tickets th
> >    else:                                         # else use a normal
> > relational database
> >        db = DAL('sqlite://gripez.db')
>
> For now, it's just the stock welcome app, so it has that logic.
>
> And it works OK when deployed to GAE; it's just running it locally that
> breaks.
>
> > 3) you probably want to link 'applications/your_app_name' to 'init' or use
> > one of the other remedies for having your app be the default. More info
> > here: http://web2py.com/book/default/chapter/04#Application-init
>
> Being welcome, it's the default in the absence of an app named init.

If it's the stock app (unmodified in anyway) and you just added it to the GAE
then when you go to http://localhost:[port]/ you should see "Hello World"

What version of web2py are you trying this with? I've just confirmed this with
my install of 1.91.6

*snip*