On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 01:33:00PM -0800, rif spake:
> Shoud these steps work?
>
> - download google app engine
> - download web2py
> - run ./dev_appserver.py ../web2py/
> - go to http://localhost:8080
>
> Should it display the welcome app?
> I am on a fedora system with python 2.7 and it doesn't (it gives me an long
> stacktrace). Is it because of python version?

Depends on the version of GAE you're running. Support for python 2.7 was added
very recently and may still be beta (not sure on this).

I've never used GAE SDK on Linux so I'm not sure how it works there. On OS X
you start the GAE Launcher and add your application to the launcher via a gui
then start it by clicking on a run button.