I'm running on linux (Ubuntu 10.04.2, or my old debian system).

I start from a shell with >> python dev_appserver.py ../web2py/

On my old debian system, this pops up a little window where I type in
my admin password and hit the "start server" button.

On the new Ubuntu system it tells me I don't have the TK Library and I
type in my admin password at the prompt.

The Ubuntu install is brand new, with the latest GAE (1.5, I believe)
and the latest source web2py (for 'normal' users).

I'm not sure re-installing would do anything, since it is all "fresh"!

Thx,
Luis.