The changes are all over the place right now. I was hoping to release these as
a series of patches to make later testing easier. I submitted the mobile
detection already as issue 346. All of the changes since have been to the
welcome application, since layout selection is a per app thing.

Assuming the detection patch gets accepted into the trunk, I can attach a copy
of the welcome app so you can see how the layout switching works.

I haven't done any work on the view switching yet, but hopefully I can do it
tonight. Once I get that working, see if I can figure out a way to post it so
it can get some testing before subitting it to the trunk.