I think I forgot to mention...

Take care if you clear the whole file, you will probably lost your good
translation...

So maybe make a copy of the file and then you can write a simple script that
compare both dict the old one and the new generated dict store into
tranlation file than import just the tranlated entry when they are present
in the new transltation file... Dam dam you have your automatic clean up
script...

Richard