On 24 oct, 04:19, annet <annet.verm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jose,
>
> I had the same problem a week ago, Sean solved it doing the following:
>
> In the Control Panel, under Domains/websites Applications, add a new
> Application:
>
> Name:   init_static
> App category: Symbolic link
> App type: Symbolic link to static-only app
> App doc: This creates a symlink from ~/webapps/<app name> to the
> absolute path specified in the extra info field.
>
> This application treats the contents of the path specified in the
> extra info field as if it were a Static-only application. The files
> within are served by a shared web server process (typically nginx).
> This application is exclusively static; PHP files and .htaccess files,
> for example, will not be interpreted.
>
> Note: Once the application is created, the path cannot be edited. To
> change the path, delete the application and recreate it.
>
> Extra info: /home/account_name/webapps/application_name/web2py/
> applications/init/static
>
> Click Create.
>
> Under Domains/websites Sites, add a new Site app to the existing site:
>
> Site apps:
> App: select init_static from the drop down list.
> URL path (ex: '/' or '/blog'): /init/static
>
> Click Update
>
> This reduces your RAM usage below 40 MB.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Annet.

Hello Annet

I did what you suggested, but does not quite understand. I guess I
should repeat the process for each of the applications I have in the
hosting.

My directory structure is:
my_account/webapps
my_account/web2py

the path is as follows:
/home/my_account/web2py/applications/my_app/static

Should I change something in httpd.conf?

thank you very much
Jose