Definitely, so much is storage (vars, sessions, DAL results, etc) that
you pretty much have to use it.

And for that reason, I think it warrants its own small subsection in
the manual.

For uses where I don't have to rely on None identifying initialized
keys with the None value specifically, I tend to prefer the returning
of None behavior on uninitialized keys, but I understand why they had
to make the dictionary general purpose enough that they couldn't
implement it that way.