ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'abcd'

>From SQLForm.grid, when clicked on the ' View'  button I get the following

When I click on the 'Edit'  button, I get a ticket:

File "/home/js/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line 1378, in represent
    return str(int(obj))
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'abcd'

The model clearly states doc_nr as a string:

                Field('doc_nr', type = 'string', length =
50,
                     requires = IS_NOT_IN_DB(db, 'akb_doccenter.doc_nr')),

So why does DAL try to convert it to an integer when going to
http://localhost:8000/akb/doccenter/browse/edit/akb_doccenter/9466?_signature=996e7d38423b987884e85c09ae85f2e62f2137b9

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)