One of the recent releases has broken computed fields.

My application uses several instances of computed fields.  They all
worked perfectly in 1.94.6 to which I have now reverted.

In 1.99.2 (and possibly intervening releases) the behavior of computed
fields is unpredictable.  In my case, they are all computed correctly
when a new record is created (crud.create).  However, when a record is
updated (crud.update) some of them are recomputed but others are not,
thus becoming inconsistent with the fields used in the computation.

This is in addition to application failures caused in 1.99.2 due to
the acknowledged replace_id problem (see
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/ddc384b33ec1a7cc/3935ecc0a6785e9e?lnk=gst&q=dgmanns#3935ecc0a6785e9e)
which caused me to spend lots of time finding a workaround.

This is all very alarming in a framework which boasts of "always
maintaining backward compatibility" - quote taken from the preface of
"the book".

Perhaps there is too much of a rush to add new features: not breaking
existing applications would seem to be of paramount importance.

A pity because in general, it is an outstanding platform.