You might find these resources
helpful: http://www.w3schools.com/, http://www.webmonkey.com/tutorials/.

Chapter 4 of the book is in more of a reference style than most of the rest
of the book, so you might find things starting to click a bit more as you
proceed through the later chapters. Start simple, and you'll gradually
figure out how to do things. Feel free to ask questions here on the list.

Anthony