Maybe instead of a regular redirect, send back a regular 200 response with
the Ajax request, and add a special response header with the redirect URL
(e.g., response.headers['client_redirect'] = URL('other_function')). On the
client side, have some JS code that runs upon successful Ajax completion
and looks for that header, and takes the appropriate action in that case.

Anthony