Two things:

First, the "my_script.py" is the program you want to run to get output
from. I just used a Python script as an example. This line could just as
easily be:

output, error = run_command('ls', '-l')

to list all files in a directory (though you would typically use Python's
os module for this). Again, the command can be anything that you would type
yourself, with the exception that arguments need to be in a list format (in
other words, you can't use 'ls -l' as the command, you have to split it up
into 'ls', '-l').

Secondly, this may not be the best thing for you to try as a beginner.
Doing things like this requires managing multiple processes, which makes
things much more complicated. If you must do this right now, then use the
first example I gave (that blocks until the command is complete). That is
the easiest way.

Trust me, if you are uncomfortable with this, then having to sync up
multiple processes to do live streaming of output will be a nightmare for
you, no matter what route you take.