> - License changed to AGPL3 (Gnu Afferro GPL)
>>

>> If I understand AGPL3 correctly, if someone deploys Movuca on a server,
>> they will be required to allow all users of their website to download the
>> entire source code of the site, including any customizations they make to
>> the Movuca code in order to accommodate their app. I assume that will
>> greatly limit its adoption.
>>

>  Yes, I wanted a way to keep it OPen Source and allow commercial use at
> the same time.
>
> I want every one to be able to use it, customize it and deploys, sell
> support, sell as a service.

But as soon as you deploy it, you have to let all of your users download
the full site code. If someone hires you to build a site for them using
Movuca, you have to tell them that the site they are paying you to build
will ultimately be released to the public (in fact, they themselves will be
responsible for making the source available for download). I'm not sure
many people will want to try to make a commercial enterprise out of that
model.

> But I want to keep it Open Source (I mean, I dont want someone to take the
> code and release a tool called "blablabla" which is not open source)

If that's the goal, then maybe consider GPL, which allows deployment on a
server without source code distribution, but does not allow other forms of
distribution without source code. Even better, maybe LGPL (like web2py),
which lets you use it in conjunction with closed source code (though since
Movuca is really an app, it may be difficult to truly separate it from
closed source code that is part of the same app).

> But, I think we can have closed plugins, acting in the same way as web2py
> plugins. Someone can develop a plugin and release the plugin with any
> license (not?)

I'm not sure about that:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#MereAggregation
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#NFUseGPLPlugins

Of course, you should choose whatever license you like -- it's your work.
I'm just pointing out that something like AGPL (and even GPL) will probably
limit its appeal for users with any kind of commercial intentions.

Anthony