On Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:34:08 PM UTC-5, newbie wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to learn Web2py but know nothing about programming.  I'm
> convinced it's the best language out there so I don't want to waste
> time learning something that would not be applicable if I ended up
> using Web2py (PHP, etc).  Do I need to learn Javascript first?  Do I
> need to know HTML?  I would eventually like to learn how to build
> database driven websites.

I would say go ahead and just get started with the web2py book. Eventually,
you will want to get deeper into Python, and there are plenty of online
resources for that. You'll also want to learn HTML, CSS, and at least some
Javascript (including jQuery) -- a good starting point for that stuff is
http://www.w3schools.com/. For web2py learning, also check out some of the
other resources linked from the website, such as
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5E2E223FE3777851,
http://killer-web-development.com/,
and http://web2py.com/examples/default/documentation.

Anthony