Bruno, are you planning to release a development version of the
movu.ca courseware as open source? If so, I could contribute, as I
probably will need a production implementation for the next months. I
think that my app would also use the vimeo PLUS product and I am
researching ways of streaming online with justin.tv (only for
authenticated users also)

The live video feature of PyConUS is an open source tool, as I have
read in the video site (perhaps there is relevant code too, although
it probably was developed for django).