Yes, and my frustration with the push toward node.js is that it seems to
come in part from the "I learned js for webdev and I don't want to bother
learning another language" impulse. I also think that's part of the
motivation behind pushing everything client-side (i.e. into the browser).
But I find javascript a very difficult language for writing business logic
on any large scale. My fear is that if people only ever learn javascript
then they won't realize there are better tools and we'll find ourselves
pushed into hacking javascript more and more because it's all that's made
available.

Ian