Richard,

I tried Massimos approach but it created one form button rather than one
for each row. For my uses, it wont cut it. I need one text field plus a
button on each row. I was able to accomplish this like this

links = [lambda row: INPUT(_name='qty', _value='1'), lambda row: A('+',
callback=URL('cart_callback',vars=dict(id=row.id,action='add',qt=request.
vars.qty)))]

Maybe I did not make myself clear but I just want to have a product grid
with all the products and the qty. Sort of a storefront, so the input text
is not db attached. Click on the button and add it to my cart.. Hmmm but it
seems you want to have like a bulk functionality with the grid, right???