wow, really, so did you actually install freebsd on your EC2 harddisk slice
because i don't see freebsd under the amazon EC2 operating systems.  i do
see redhat enterprise 6, which is probably very very similar to centos 6.
 and with that freebsd install, did you install and use a relational
database system like postgres?