hello one and all,

i am curious about using a cloud, like Amazon EC2.  i don't know anything
about it.  but i am curious and interested.  i have always setup my own
server and run it.  but my needs have changed for more media and the
throughput of my internet will be challenged if i try to host my server
locally.  so i am thinking of off-sighting it.

i am very used to CentOS, its the free version of Redhat Enterprise, and
the current version of CentOS is v6.x, which lets the web2py install script
run flawlessly without all kinds of package dependency issues and cross
issues.  does Amazon EC2 allow me to install or have my own CentOS 6.x
install?

if amazon EC2 allows that centos 6.x install, then i can easily install
web2py with the script, and postgresql 9.x, and apache and run my own
server off-site.  does anyone foresee me having issues if i can do that at
all?

thanx in advance and i look forward to your experienced opinions.  lucas