There have been numerous posts on a web2py based cms, and I know there are
many solutions out there, at varying stages of development.   They each
have a different focus so it is not a simple question of "which one is
best".  I won't try and mention them by name.

However,  A colleague of mine was talking about Joomla and I wanted to be
able to offer some "strategy" on a comparable web2py cms.   Would anyone
care to comment on which of the web2py cms' would be a contender to Joomla
?  If not now, perhaps with a roadmap for the future.

Personally, and I've said it before,  cms functionality is very important,
and I think we should highlight the cms offerings on the web2py website.
Not necessarily one, but showcase the "best of ...".    For example, look
at http://www.zope.org/the-world-of-zope   It mentions Plone and Silva.
Such a thing would also strenghten the adopton of web2py.  Are they
production ready enough to do that ?

Thankyou.

Andrew W