Thankyou Arthur and Jason,
Arthur: I have looked at the instantpress post and I've installed it.  I
had a first look some time ago and it seems a lot easier in the later
version.   Well done Martin.

I have started doing some trials with both instantpress and movuca, and I
would have to say that it is not a question of which is better, each has a
different focus and I've enjoyed using both (I'm still learning and still
have heaps of questions though).   I haven't used Joomla but I know of some
big sites who use it for an internal collaborative forum - for which I
think movuca's social side is sort of equivalent.  It was this comparison
that prompted the post in the first place.  It's interesting that you
mention  the modular,plug and play approach of those tools.  Is that the
way for a cms to grow and spread rapidly ?

Jason,  thanks for the comments on the security aspects that I wasn't aware
of.   I hope one day there is one (or more) web2py based cms that has the
"market" presence of some of the other ones around.