Thanks Paolo,
The layout is back to normal.  However the Login set of links are looking
like buttons, rather than the background being the same as the navbar.
This is the same in the two browsers I'm looking at (IE7 and Firefox).

I prefer the way it looked in firefox.  Does it need to be a set background
to work ?