Hi Professor and all the developers with this group,

So feel great getting response from the you who developed Web2py.

I read you article. And it good to know your thoughts. As you mentioned of
the analogy of Fiat and Ferrari cars.
I was thinking of what exactly are we developers moving ahead and business
consultants vision of future.

We developers do have to align with the market trending or come-up with
something which Business Capitalist rely on our apps being developed.

I have worked on SAP ABAP, know what it is. And to be frank SAP is now
moving towards mobility apps in a very high speed.

As you mentioned about SAP, Java, MS, or Python , Ruby, or so on..
Just check these articles below.

SAP's recent news on Mobility Apps,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgWLHWyyP1M
http://www.sap.com/solutions/technology/enterprise-mobility/mobile-solutions-overview.epx
http://www.arcweb.com/strategy-reports/2012-05-31/winners-of-the-sap-innovation-challenge-for-manufacturing-mobile-apps-2012-1.aspx

Similar to SAP, Oracle now turns towards Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
for Mobile apps on Apple iPad.
JAVA MEAP project.
And even MS for Dynamics, or its Phone app

Now what we claim to be Ferrari cars are also following the steps of Fiat.
And it seams funny. Business Consultants, Strategy Consultants look out for
Social Media these days and the cost generated by the technology which was
nowhere near to comparison. But they need the result, no matter it relates
with humanity or just money they follow those technology and come up their
own solutions. Either it is product development or an App.

Let me compare SAP ABAP and Python or Ruby since Python and Ruby is more or
less same.

SAP ABAP got a very good IDE kind of transaction environment which pulls up
the functional modules and class which we define, automatically, and even
libraries dynamically and transact to new layer of architecture. And the
Data ("manipulation or extraction") works quite very quick and
automatically link with huge set of data.

Python or Ruby on the other end we need to develop, declare each Class,
module and everything and IDE which if we use sometimes are developed by
Java which got its own set libraries to do its operations which we try to
do in Python. And these WebServer to be separate.
To be true each developers have their own set of limitations and we add up
so many tools, language dependencies to end up same Application or Products
which one or other technology develops.

As I mentioned, SAP too are developing same Apps and made as a single
entity as Product and marketed it. And our Python or Ruby or Haskell or any
language dependent Web-frameworks develops such Apps and compete with these
Enterprise products.

And if we think of MS, they are no different. They got this F# which more
or less same liking of Haskell, or any of their research on Python or Ruby
or Web-Frameworks  ASP.net MVC. hahhaa
In SAP we call it Customizing, improving the existing product to newer
version to make it better.

Similar to that we have many in Python, Ruby or MS or Java as Version
Control. And we think about future of Web, yes their is talk on Semantic
Web technology, may be Java, Python or others, even SAP as such do have
vision for it.

And as you mentioned, in India, Business for Software Developers now
shifting to Contract Software Engineers, who will work as part time. Know
the tools worked for few days or 1 - 2 months and than shift to another
corporate. And if it is Fiat mechanics as I am probably look to add
Ferrari's in my Garage to get it working as well. And yes, in India I have
come across, many students, friends who are exceptionally brilliant
software developers not being hired because of the demand for more low
skilled labors(write long simple by-the-book programs) than true Problem
solving engineers. :) It seamed a caged breeder environment. And lack of
those mechanics who to be frank truly able to do something great for
humanity.
I wish Web2Py have its own Group website so that we don't rely on Gmail or
Google. And even wish Web2py develop in so great ways that it even gives
competing to both Application development as well as for the giants such as
SAP, Java, MS for their Enterprise Mobility.

I am sure learing Web2Py. Hope I do something good for myself and feel
proud feeling that I did something creative.

Thanks
Rohit