Massimo,

> I talk to many employers and entrepreneurs. There is a perception that Java
> programmers are the

please finish the phrase it was getting interesting ;-).

@RKumar

This is old but even more true today so pls read it:
http://www.paulgraham.com/pypar.html

I do work with Java often (too often) and so I know that world.  Its a
world where the approach is not about solving problems once for all by
coding the solution and sharing it.  It's all about patterns.  do you
want to base your code on patterns solved and implemented to the state
of the art or do you want to have a job writing always the same
things.  This is all about python,ruby,go (and even C++ today) vs
java.

Many Java programmers are groupable by a simple question:  "Why did
you *choose* to learn Java?"
The answers are:
1.  "Because it is the most requested skill"
2.  "Because it is the best overall tool"

For the ones that take 2. comes another question: "Which other
programming environments do you have experience with?"
Answers:
"Well I was told so"
"Cobol"
"Are there any other environments?"
"It's the only open source environment" [not even opensource until icedtea]

None of the java programmers that I worked with used web2py ever
looked back for web application development, ever.  Once you go python
you never go back to java unless forced.