On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Anthony <abasta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But I think if you have users in mid-session and you switch apps on them,
>> it could present problems no matter how you try to solve it.
>
> That's true. Although using routes is probably the safer method (should be
> no problems within a single request), a single page typically involves
> multiple requests (i.e., the HTML, plus requests for the static files, plus
> possible Ajax requests), so changing the routing could result in the
> multiple requests from a given page hitting two different apps.

Thanks for the clarifications.
What I am hearing is that even the 'reload routes' button is not safe
to use on a busy server.

I've created an issue
http://code.google.com/p/web2py/issues/detail?id=847 with some
potential/suggested minor content changes.
I doubt they match the voice of the rest of the document, but
hopefully some concrete suggested wording is better than none.

Thanks,
     --Doug