Hello everyone ...

I am trying to intergrate a jquery mappicker within my web2py app !
One of the js file calls upon an xml file containing the text information
related to the location clicked on the map shown on screen !

the js function goes like this :
  ...  ... ...

$.ajax({
        type: 'GET',
        url: 'xml/canadaMapSettings.xml',
        dataType: $.br$.ajax({
        type: 'GET',
        url: 'xml/canadaMapSettings.xml',
        dataType: $.browser.msie ? 'text' : 'xml',
        success: function (data) {owser.msie ? 'text' : 'xml',
        success: function (data) {
           .

as you see, the snippets of code above  in the js file function calls upon
the canadaMapSetting.xml

First) please take note that this js file is in the js folder within the
static folder of web2py

Second) the "canadaMapSetting.xml" file has text information that I would
want to be serialized by web2py for the presentation of these texts on the
view page that uses it ( such as the Translate function "T" )

So my  2 questions are these :

Primo:  Can I have an xml file be serialized by web2py when it is called by
a js file and where would I include this xml file .. ( I am thinking that
the xml file has to be placed in the view folder !! ) ?
            which brings me to my second question ... : how would I call
upon that  xml file in the js file ... should i modified the way it is
called in the ajax function above ??? ...  should I just write

url: 'canadaMapSettings.xml' or another way ???

Any clues or directives regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated !

thank you

Don