I suppose something like this would be more useful if you could register
the on_define sometime after the initial table definition. For example, you
might want to add some custom validators to some db.auth_user fields after
calling auth.define_tables(). In that case, you might do something like:

db.register_on_define('auth_user', my_on_define)

Anthony