I am somewhat new to python, and * shock * have an idea for a simple app I
want to build. To start the app will be relatively light weight, but if it
works out in my grand scheme could be far more complex.but the core will be
fairly simple. something an experienced python dev could probably whip up
in bottle in a few days.

The core will a simply be an advanced rest based api. The other half dozen
or so apps will all be built of this core. The either apps will likely be
built as a cms like system to manage each other. And as different as a POS
in store program.

So as many cool things as I thing web2py has, do you guys think its the
right system? I know w2p can do great APIs easily. But for that simple
aspect, I don't need a milti-application admin interface, or a code editor,
and I may not even use DAL. (For my project I may actually use something
like neo4j/orientdb/titan. Not sure yet. Might use mongodb as instead). So
for that simple part, all the other stuff seems a little bloated to me.
Stuff that I won't need.

Sure as a whole, all the apps will be built into somewhat of a cms (which I
would like to build anyways), for that I'm not sure I would need the web2py
admin part. As a cms I would probably have my own interface, even for the
admins. How or would web2py admin ui fit in. I know you guys are biased
towards web2py, but does it sound like it would be a right fit? Or would it
be too complex? In comparison, I feel django is too bloated as well since I
would be doing a similar thing, except it would be done quite a bit
differently. The core of how it works doesn't seem to fit my ideas.

If I don't use web2py, the next best things I see as a starting point are
pyramid, or bottle/flask or even wheezy looks pretty cool.

What do you guys think? The core great api would be the crux of the other
apps. This core is what talks to the db. And each if the apps with build on
it. The rest part will be made so they can all communicate with each other
based on the URL.

The either individual apps, were they to be on their own, I can totally see
as a web2py app. So I'm curious how this idea as a whole, would fit into
web2py. If it can. Since there are a handful of web2py featured I won't
even use. I don't need them to be auto imported if I'm not using them
(since I can't see what's being imported). So in a way it feels like bloat.
A reason I don't like django.

What do you guys think? Any input is greatly appreciated.