I'd just rebuild the source RPM if I was you. Way simpler... besides you'll
need to take care of the updates all by yourself now, same as for your
postgres. Just taking Red Hat (or CentOS) updates and rebuilding them
(couple of seconds of work) really simplifies things. Your postges RPMs are
from the upstream, I guess?

Regards,
Ales