Joe,

maybe I understand which is the problem and I have a solution.
Please put the attached layout.html in testxjoe/views in place of the old
one and check if it works.
[note:this message has been canceled 3 times from group (security police?).
Please rename the extension file to html]
In this latter case, I will submit a patch to issue tracker.

Issue summary:
Start an application when browser window size is < 948px
Resize the browser (i.e. full screen)
Hover over a topbar menu item but the menu is not showed.

Issue cause:
In layout.html hover function is not refreshed when the browser window is
resized: it sees always the window size as < 948px

Issue solution:
In layout.html wrap hover menu function in jQuery resize()